You are here
History of innovation
The centrepiece of our strategy and key driver of our growth, innovation is written in our genes and remains deeply ingrained in our culture.
The Group’s history is marked by continuous or breakthrough innovations and by original concepts, new functions and clever solutions. These have led to tangible progress in the day-to-day life of consumers and have created value, mainly by opening up new possibilities such as the recent Cookeo intelligent multicooker, with its connected version enabling users to follow the preparation and to monitor it directly from its terminal, and the first Moulinex cooking processor, Cuisine Companion.
It is of no surprise that passion for innovation is one of the 5 values of Groupe SEB.
Keep lively and growing our early pioneering spirit
Since the very beginning, Groupe SEB has always strived to offer consumers innovative products that make their everyday lives easier and help them feel good. The Group's flagship product, the Super Cocotte pressure cooker, paved the way for the first electric products of the Fifties and Sixties and the Group further enriched its range thanks to the innovations and expertise of the companies it acquired over the years - Tefal non-stick pans, Calor and Rowenta irons, Charlotte or Marie Moulinex combined processors, Krups espresso machines, Supor electrical pressure cookers for the Chinese market, etc.
They have all helped to ensure a simplified lifestyle, making everyday household tasks easier and generating time savings, "guaranteed" results on the plate, sociable eating and everyday pleasures.
But innovation is also part of the Group's capacity to offer not only simple products, but also services that anticipate consumer requirements.
The emergence of digital technology in consumers' everyday lives is an excellent way of maintaining direct contact with end consumers. The accelerated growth of technologies also allows us to offer new products and services to improve cooking and everyday lives in the future...
- Launch of the Seb Super Cocotte pressure cooker
- Invention of the 1st Tefal non-stick frying pan
- 1st Calor Vapomatic steam iron
- Launch of the first odour-free Seb electric deep fryer
- 1st Tefal toasted sandwich maker with non-stick removable plates
- 1st Rowenta vacuum cleaner
- 1st Tefal raclette grill with non-stick trays
- Calor Epilacire (home beauty care)
- T-Plus, new Tefal non-stick coating
- 1st Calor electronic iron
- Tefal “Sensitive Computer” electronic scales
- Calor / Tefal Supergliss irons with Durilium soleplate
- Aquagliss irons with Calor / Tefal Aqua-System anti-scale cartridge
- 1st Moulinex Genius smart food processor
- Clipso pressure cooker with Seb single-handed opening/closing system
- Dymbo vacuum cleaner with Rowenta Delta System head
- Arno autoclean blender
- Tefal Eureka/Ingenio cookware range with removable handles
- Tefal Bodymaster: weight and gives a breakdown of lean and fat body mass.
- Tefal Thermospot (heat indicator in the non-stick coating)
- Calor / Rowenta Lissima professional hair straighteners
- Calor / Rowenta Access epilator with rotating head
- SEB/Tefal Sesame low pressure cooker.
- Calor / Tefal Aquaspeed iron
- Arno Repelente anti-mosquito fan
- Seb/Tefal Actifry fryer with 1 spoonful of oil
- Rowenta Silence Force vacuum cleaner.
- Calor/Tefal steam generator with anti-scale.
- Tefal/Calor self-cleaning iron soleplate with Palladium coating.
- Fresh Express, the food processor by Moulinex.
- Supor Induction rice cooker for the Chinese market.
- Tripl’Ax, a revolutionary blending technology (6 blades, 3 actions)
- Barista: full automat coffee machine (professional technology at home)
- Following an absence of 8 years in Europe, Moulinex is launching the Rubis range, with 25 to 30 products
- 2012 1/2
- Derma Perfect, pulsed light hair removal device,
- Naturalis, first dermo-nutrition device, permitting to consumers making their own products for face, body and hairs,
- Silence AC, the most silent hair dryer in Europe,
- 2012 2/2
- Freemove the cordless iron, without compromising on either autonomy or performance,
- Cookéo, the 1st intelligent and interactive multi-cooker,
- Steam Pod, the new professional hair straightenning system.
- Cuisine Companion, the 1st food processor cooker from Moulinex
- SUPOR slow juicer, the 1st juicer for the Chinese market
- OptiGrill by Tefal, the intelligent grill
- Cookeo connect, the intelligent connected multicooker by Moulinex
- Intense Pure Air, the first air purifier Rowenta (featuring Nano Captur technology)
- Ingenio ceramic de Tefal, the cookware range without handles and featuring a ceramic coating
- Actifry Smart XL with its dedicated application which helps the user to prepare evezyday meals
- Réveil Café the new morning coffee ritual : thanks to an extremely simple and intuitive mobile application, it works as an alarm cook and starts making coffee at the same time
- i-Companion, a smart version of the famous cooking food processor Cuisine Companion
- Tweeny 2en1, steam iron and garment steamer
- Silence Force 4A, Rowenta's powerful and silent vacuum cleaner
Watch the video
"Invent tomorrow's everyday life"